[PD] Connection with sensors - new devices?

Marc Lavallée marc at hacklava.net
Thu Dec 22 13:40:51 CET 2005

Le 22 Décembre 2005 00:22, Mathieu Bouchard a écrit :
> On Wed, 21 Dec 2005, João Miguel Pais wrote:
> > > http://infusionsystems.com/catalog/index.php
> > > Although expensive, I am not totally sure of this but I believe the
> > > great
> >
> > they are really quite expensive - anyway, comparing with the other
> > sollutions. Although it is possible to choose midi with better
> > resolution, I don't know if the resolution would be better as with hid
> > devices (probably anyone else has the answer to that).
>
> That's really an understatement. They're ripping you off. They have plain
> boring LEDs that they have branded as SeeGreen(tm) and that they are
> charging 28,53 USD (24,12 EUR; 33,28 CAD) per LED. Even though each such
> LED bulb comes with its own cable, still 90%-99% of this is paying for
> the brandname (depending on the quality of the components).
>
> If instead you go to a no-bullshit shop then you can prolly negociate a
> shovelful of LEDs for the same price.

The Infusion Systems  products are nicely designed. For education,
especially for people scared to death by anything electric, it's perfect.
Give them a shovelful of LEDS and they won't use them (althought some
artists might stick a handful on their "mix media" paintings). So there's a
specific market for this product. Think about all the junk food that's
ripping off hackers; most of them are not willing to bake their own potato
chips and mix their own sugared fizzy water...
--
Marc