[PD] Re: PD-list Digest, Vol 9, Issue 95

Jason Plumb jason at noisybox.net
Fri Dec 23 18:30:04 CET 2005

 > Chris McCormick wrote:
 > This is a 2 dimensional control surface. The number box adds new
 > controllable points. Banging the inlet outputs a sequence of values
 > (n x y) where n is the number of the controllable point, x is it's
 > normalised x value, and y is it's normalised y value. You can unpack
 > these to assign different points to parameters in your patches.

Very cool, similar to grid, but without externals.  I had a few issues
with it though, the biggest one being the dragging.  It seems that I had
to click in the upper left hand corner of the controller point boxes to
be able to drag them.  That is, I couldn't just grab a point and start
dragging it, I had to be careful about *where* I grabbed it (and this
takes away from the usability of it).  The other issue is that it's
possible to drag those guys outside the canvas (at least temporarily,
they snap back inside), causing it to provide values outside the the
0->1 range.

I nice-to-have would be different colors on each of the controllers.
Not necessarily user-changable, but I think it helps the user to be able
to differentiate each control point.

If these two things can be fixed, it would be an especially useful patch!

Thanks,

-jason