[PD] dynamically abstraction creatiion with connection

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sun Dec 25 16:03:54 CET 2005

Hallo,
yukio kuroiwa hat gesagt: // yukio kuroiwa wrote:

> hi list, is it possible to create connections between abstractions
> dynamically?
>
> i want to create abstractions dynamically and i would like that my new
> abstractions appears connected with a subpatch..
> how can i do this?

There are basically two ways to do this with plain Pd. One is to
really create connections using internal messages. The message for
connections is "connect", see attached example from the pd-msg
patches, that you can find in the pd-CVS.

Another approach is to not use connections at all, but instead do
everything through sends and receives inside of your
abstractions, that get named through the abstraction's arguments.
I used this approach inside the control-surface that I posted
yesterday.

The third approach would be the dyn~ external, which is useful if you
want to create more complex patches automatically.

Ciao