[PD] Pd-0.38.4-extended-RC6 release

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Mon Dec 26 02:59:47 CET 2005

On Dec 25, 2005, at 12:21 AM, Patrice Colet wrote:

> Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2005 08:21:18 -0000

>> From: Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at eds.org>
>> Subject: Re: [PD] Pd-0.38.4-extended-RC6 release
>> Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2005 00:01:24 -0800
>>

>> I've installed Pd-0.38.4-extended-RC6.exe on two computers, and on
>> both
>> of them, the file was here:  c:\Program Files\pd\pd-settings.reg
>>
>> Its not there on your computer?
>>
>> .hc
>>
> hello, I've downloaded the pd-settings.reg here:
>
> http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/pure-data/packages/win32_inno/
>
> and used it.
>  With this file, libraries into pd/extra are loaded with this reg key
> so we don't have to add the lines -lib in .bat file for loading
> "static" libraries as far as I understood. Is there a way to load
> -path with that .reg file?

Yes, like this:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Pd]
"path1"="c:/progra~1/pd/extra/cyclone"
"path2"="c:/progra~1/pd/extra/zexy"
"path3"="c:/progra~1/pd/extra/iemabs"
"path4"="c:/progra~1/pd/extra/iemmatrix"
"path5"="c:/progra~1/pd/extra/ix"

>  here is a part of the pd start up message on windows with using the
> pd-settings.reg:
>
> iemabs: can't load library
> iemmatrix: can't load library
> ix: can't load library
> memento: can't load library
> markex: can't load library
> load_object: Symbol "mjlib_setup" not found
> mjlib: can't load library
> motex: can't load library
> rradical: can't load library
> pixelTANGO: can't load library
> smlib: can't load library
> toxy: can't load library
> unauthorized: can't load library
>
> Patco

Are you sure that you are running RC6?  That looks like an earlier
version.  You should uninstall Pd-extended on Windows before installing
a new one.

____

                            - Eldridge Cleaver