[PD] port used by sendOSC

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Tue Dec 27 02:54:05 CET 2005

On Sun, 18 Dec 2005, B. Bogart wrote:

> Also a full-duplex OSC would be pretty neat for the remote discovery
> features of OSC. Not to mention stuff like a single socket "telnet"
> connection to PD that does both sending and receving of data...
> I've already used telnet sessions to control nogui patches, but some
> feedback in the terminal sure would be nice..
> Ok enough thinking aloud, back to work...

I've already coded a bidi netsend/netreceive thing called [pd_netsocket].
I originally coded so that ArtsBirthday Ottawa 2004 could use the data
from the server in Vancouver, and frankly, I think that it's only been
used for that. Also, it's written on Ruby so it depends on GridFlow.

I'd rather have bidi support directly in Pd's core (and more than that).
Please have a look at the proposal that I have just sent to pd-list.