[PD] why won't flext build?

Alexandre Matheson amatheso at alcor.concordia.ca
Tue Dec 27 07:29:03 CET 2005

Seasons greetings,

I'm trying to build flext for os x but when I run build.sh in the
terminal i get this message:

Last login: Tue Dec 27 00:05:04 on ttyp1
Welcome to Darwin!
alexandre-mathesons-power-mac-g5:~ alex$ bash /flext/build.sh pd gcc
/flext/buildsys/gnumake.mak:16: package.txt: No such file or directory
/flext/buildsys/gnumake.mak:20: *** "NAME variable must be defined
(name of target)".  Stop.

I fiddled around in gnumake.mak and then I got this in the terminal:

Last login: Tue Dec 27 00:31:32 on ttyp1
Welcome to Darwin!
alexandre-mathesons-power-mac-g5:~ alex$ bash /flext/build.sh pd gcc
build
-
Your combination of platform, system and compiler is not supported yet.
Required files:
build/config-mac.def
and
build/gnumake-mac-gcc.inc
-
make: *** [build/gnumake-mac-gcc.inc] Error 1

I'm installing flext so I can get fluid~ going on pd. I'm using:
flext 0.5.0
pd 0.39-2
os 10.4.3 w/xtools

any help would be really appriciated

regards,
Alexandre Matheson
The history of every major galactic civilization tends to pass
through three distinct and recognizable phases, those of Survival,
Inquiry and Sophistication, otherwise known as the How, Why and Where
Phases.
For instance, the first phase can be characterized by the question
'How can we eat?', the second by the question 'Why do we eat?' and
the third by the question 'Where shall we have lunch?'
-Douglas Adams