Pd for Debian [was: Re: [PD] Pd-0.38.4-extended-RC6 release]

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Wed Dec 28 00:46:00 CET 2005

On Dec 27, 2005, at 5:21 AM, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:

> On Mon, 26 Dec 2005, Frank Barknecht wrote:
>
>> However I don't want to put any work into pd-0.38 anymore,
>
> I understand that. It would be worth it if we had an unlimited supply
> of
> volunteers, but... ;-)

Pd 0.39 has significant changes that are not backwards compatible.  I
don't use it yet for that reasons, as with many others.  The aim for
the Pd-extended distros is to have a stable package which works as
smoothly as possible.  Think Debian-stable.  I don't think 0.39 is up
to that yet, especially when you consider all of the externals, docs,
abstractions, and patches to Pd that are included in Pd-extended.

.hc