[PD] set up for pd on linux?

jose manuel berenguer alarcon jmbeal at telefonica.net
Fri Dec 30 17:18:42 CET 2005

hello

I am considering the possibility of running some multichannel pd
patches in some machine running some linux distribution. The patches
would reach some complexity and address sound over 6 independent
analogic audio lines. Could anybody give me some advise about which
linux distribution and hardware setup (computer and sound card)
should be needed for such a project?

I've been googling for a while and found http://www.alsa-project.org/
alsa-doc/index.php?vendor=All#matrix. There is a pretty big list of
ALSA compliant sound devices, but I'm sure you have your own opinions
and I would like read about them before making any decision.

Thank you in advance for any comments and suggestions.

Jose Manuel Berenguer
jmbeal at telefonica.net +34932857046 696538403
jmberenguer at cccb.org  +34933064128
http://ocaos.cccb.org/jmb/index.html
Sonoscop/Orquesta del Caos. CCCB. Montalegre, 5. 08001 Barcelona. Spain