[PD] routing PD gui commands back into PD via netreceive

B. Bogart ben at ekran.org
Wed Jan 4 17:41:51 CET 2006

Hi!

Thanks for the cool intro to ngrep and netcat, pretty slick.

So I went with your method, though ngrep prints a lot of extra data on
top of what goes over the sockets. So I have a sed script in between
that takes care of filtering out a lot of the junk.

So I'm getting the commands in PD, BUT I am not getting them the same as
I see them in the console running ngrep.

When I don't pipe to a socket I see the commands fly by as I move the
mouse and create objects. Once I send this data to PD I get a horrid lag
and the messages seem to come in massive spurts with large waits in
between I could not see how to change any possible buffer size in netcat
to a single line... (flush on \n)

Same thing happens with netcat and pdsend.

Any ideas how I can do this so that the data I have coming into my
second socket at least is somewhat (with 1s, rather than over 10s) in
sync with the data going back and forth between the PD GUI and PD.

I'll check out Marc's software suggestions, but I'm doing this
performance on OSX.

Once I get it to work I'll send an email with the whole command I end up
using.

Thanks,

b.