[PD] synthesizers / drums / effects ..etc

Jamie Bullock jamie at postlude.co.uk
Fri Jan 6 10:17:05 CET 2006

Hi Josue,

On Wed, 04 Jan 2006 15:44:46 +0000
"josue moreno" <josuemoreno1 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi llist,
>
> was this synth´s collection posted somewere? It is cause im looking for a
> good pd based synth. I´d been looking at the docs inserts in the Hans´
> rc6(congratulations) and in the docs of Pd++(0.39 based) but i cant find
> something near to what im looking for and i havent got enough time to
> programe my own synth.
>
> Im working in sounds for a computer environment, so they dont have to be
> very complex but with enough interesting qualitys.

People might be able to help you more if you make your question a bit more specific, and describe, for example, what form of synthesis you want to use?

At a guess, it sounds like my dssi~ external may be of some use to you. DSSI is a plugin API - a bit like VSTi, and dssi~ is an object that enables you to use DSSI plugins within PD. Take a look at http://dssi.sourceforge.net/ - the available plugins are listed towards the bottom of the page. dssi~ is still beta, but it does work.

You might also be interested in Frank Barknecht's fluid~, which I think can host soundfonts without the added overhead of dssi~ + fluidsynth-dssi.

Jamie