[PD] Re: [PD-announce] sIgpAck0.03

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sat Jan 7 07:12:00 CET 2006

On Jan 6, 2006, at 3:55 PM, Frank Barknecht wrote:

> Hallo,
> m.weiss hat gesagt: // m.weiss wrote:
>
>> never thought about that linuxusers cant use shockwave
>> anyway im planing to make a html website since a few days
>> but this needs some time i havent at the moment
>> so heres a quick link
>> http://www.weiss-archiv.de/ext/sIgpAck0.03.ZIP
>
> It compiles fine as single externals using attached makefile to be put
> in
> "source", however Pd doesn't load it because it cannot find the
> "_setup"-functions:
>
> load_object: Symbol "sp.chop_tilde_setup" not found
>  sp.chop~
> ... couldn't create
>
> There must be a simple fix for this, can anyone tell me? (I would
> prefer not to
> build this as a library...)

Remove the "sp." from the filenames.

Instead of using a prefix, it would make more sense to have all of
these objects compiled as individual files and put in a "sigpack"
directory (aka libdir).  They look to be straightforward C objects, so
I could drop them into the Pd-extended build system and have them
working on all three platforms with 10-15 minutes of work.  The only
change that I can see is "#ifdef NT" to "#ifdef _MSC_VER" since those
pragmas are only for MSVC.

What's the license that these are released with?  If its a free license
(BSD or GPL would be best since that's what everything else uses), I'd
be happy to import the source into CVS add it to the build system.

____

scarcity."
                                                      -John Gilmore