[PD] OS X a good rendering environment

lists.puredata.info at cefn.com lists.puredata.info at cefn.com
Mon Jan 9 07:12:34 CET 2006

> OS X is probably one of your best choices for this to be honest, as
> the GEM devs have made rendering to DV via a YUV pipeline very very
> fast.

The choice of intel and debian is mainly for cost. This is only one
exhibit of many, and I have just the one mac in my possession - a
portable, which I use for development.

Would you expect it would be a problem to run twin streams on a dual
head debian machine, and I really need to source another mac?

Can I get away without, so long as the intel box has some guts?
(I have a spare 1.8 GHz single processor machine knocking around
which I had in mind, but maybe need something more powerful)

Cefn
Curiosity Collective
http://cefn.com/curiosity/