[PD] Re: Error building from latest version in CVS

lists.puredata.info at cefn.com lists.puredata.info at cefn.com
Tue Jan 10 02:07:13 CET 2006

> The -lrt problem was fixed in 0.39 and later.

The -lrt problem was fixed in 0.39 and later, but how do I actually
get a working version of 0.39 from cvs? Rolled back to 0_38 version
in CVS yesterday to avoid the errors from cvs HEAD but god knows how
I did it. Have spent hours and hours trying combinations, so back to
the list to ask the same question. How do I get a version of the PD
source which builds on Mac OS X Tiger.

If I execute the checkout-developer-layout.sh shell script from
http://puredata.org/docs/developer/darwin, cd into packages
darwin_app and call 'make' it terminates with this error...

install -m0755 -p \
/Volumes/TclTkAquaStandalone-8.4.9/Wish\ Shell.app/Contents/MacOS/Wish
\ Shell \
"/Users/cefnhoile/Desktop/pd-extended-head/pure-data/packages/
darwin_app/build/Pd-char pd_version[] = "Pd version 0.40-0test01
\n";.char pd_version[] = "Pd version 0.40-0test01\n";.char pd_version
[] = "Pd version 0.40-0test01\n";-extended-RC6.app/Contents/MacOS"
install: /Users/cefnhoile/Desktop/pd-extended-head/pure-data/packages/
darwin_app/build/Pd-char pd_version[] = Pd: Inappropriate file type
or format
make: *** [darwin_app_wrapper] Error 71

...hence I tried looking for another version. I'm assuming that
getting the absolute latest version from CVS is just asking for trouble.

All the latest tagged 39 versions I could gather from the sourceforge
branch tags give me just the pd directory, and none of the package
build for darwin.

Assume I'm dumb, or at least not telepathic as to the development and
tagging practices of the pd team. How do I actually get a version of
0.39 source, out of cvs, out of anywhere else, which is known to
work? Really not too bothered which version. I just want a version of
the pd source which will build on Mac OS X Tiger (sobs).

I'm regularly reassured that this is possible, but the guidance
offered is never quite specific enough for me to achieve it.

Cefn
http://cefn.com/curiosity/