[PD] comport works on osx!

Winfried Ritsch ritsch at iem.at
Tue Jan 10 09:47:01 CET 2006

Hello,

> ln -s /dev/tty.USA19H2b2P1.1 /dev/ttyS0
> (i just did "ls /dev/tty.*" to find the devicename)
>
> for what i'm doing it's running as well as on linux! the comport source
> should definitely be updated to include this. although i still have all the
> source files from martin back then doing this is beyond my expertise. i'd
> be more than happy to add a sub-patch to the comport help for osx users
> though

Thanx for the test.

Infact you can set the devicename in PD with the

  "devicename /dev/tty.USA19H2b2P1.1"
as message within PD.

Since this is a hack the first try to open a comport will fail on load and
report an error, just ignore.

If you can send the makefile extnension, I will check it in.

it is welcome, If someone wants to clean the the external so it can figure out
the the devicenames (eg. for os-x) at startup and index them, this would be
great.

mfg winfried ritsch