[PD] video codecs for PD on XP?

myrssini myrssini at gmail.com
Sat Jan 14 19:24:16 CET 2006

Hello

I am setting up a project with pd
and I need to have up to 3 videos loaded in Gem and running at the same time
Most of these are around 30 sec
Appart from 3 that stay on for 3-4 min and they size around 700MB each uncompressed

PD seems does play them put it keeps coming up with the message "movie might crush...survived"

So I am looking for a good compression !

I run on winXP, pd v0.39, and the videos are in PAL
I tryed Indeo Video 5 but Gem doesnt accept it (crushes), plus pure quality
motion-Jpeg looks very nice but gives huge files

thanks a lot