[PD] comport external with Pd

John Harrison john.harrison at wichita.edu
Sat Jan 14 22:44:20 CET 2006

We have been playing with the comport external on a WinXP machine. The
comport.dll file is from the latest PD installer with externals:
Pd-0.38.4-extended-RC6.exe from http://at.or.at/hans/pd/installers.html.

We have attempted to run the code provided in the help file, connecting
the serial port to another computer via null modem crossover. The
connection works fine sending and receiving using Hyperterminal.
However, with Pd we can get Pd to send serial data only...and...although
the data is sent correctly,  we get a TX error on the local machine for
every byte we send. We cannot get Pd to receive. We have tried various
baud settings etc.  We are quite sure we have the com port configured
correctly.

Besides the help file provided, are there any other samples we can look
at? Can anybody verify that comport works with WinXP?

--
John Harrison
Associate Professor of Violin

http://JohnHarrisonViolin.com