[PD] How to make a sample sound like a muffled whisper.

Piotr Majdak piotr at majdak.com
Sun Jan 15 14:53:10 CET 2006

B. Bogart wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> How can I process a sample of a normal human voice to sound like a quiet
> whisper that is muffled. The words should no longer be intellegible, but
> it should be recognized and a voice and sound as analog as possible.

If you want whisperization, you can use a phase vocoder and add some
noise to the phase - this will make the voice sound more like whisper.

> Muffled as in the change of voice when heard through layers of clothing.

In this case a low pass filter higher order can do that. Combining it
with whisperization could give you an interesting effect.

> If you have any patches please send them along!

Maybe you could use the phase vocoder patch from help I07 and modify it...

br, Piotr

--
Piotr Majdak
Institut für Schallforschung