[PD] PiDiP troubles: libMagick 6.1.8 does not have XWindowByProperty

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Mon Jan 16 04:54:58 CET 2006

On Dec 30, 2005, at 3:28 PM, Yves Degoyon wrote:

> Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>

>> It seems that PiDiP was written for libMagick 5, and now with
>> libMagick 6.1.8, there no longer is a XWindowByProperty() function.
>> So PiDiP doesn't compile on Mac OS X with Fink libs.
>>
>> Any chance of this getting updated?
>>
>> .hc

>> __ ____
>>
>> "Terrorism is not an enemy. It cannot be defeated. It's a tactic.
>> It's about as sensible to say we declare war on night attacks and
>> expect we're going to win that war. We're not going to win the war on
>> terrorism."
>> - retired U.S. Army general, William Odom

> hi,
>
> you're right, ther's a little bug,
> i thought this function has been put apart since version 6.1.9
>
> so you should change in pdp_capture.c :
>
> #if MagickLibVersion >= 0x619
> #include "../include/xwindow-private.h"
> #endif
>
> #if MagickLibVersion >= 0x618
> #include "../include/xwindow-private.h"
> #endif
>
> i'll do it in the official tarball.
>
> saludos,
> sevy

I don't see "#if MagickLibVersion >= 0x619" in the pidip code in CVS.
Maybe your tarball is newer than what's in CVS?  Also, the configure in
CVS dies because it can't find XWindowByProperty in libMagick:

checking for XWindowByProperty in -lMagick... no
configure: error: screen captures requires ImageMagick library!!
make: [/Users/hans/cvs/pure-data/externals/../externals/pidip/Makefile]
Error 1 (ignored)
make -C /Users/hans/cvs/pure-data/externals/../externals/pidip
make[1]: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
make:
[/Users/hans/cvs/pure-data/externals/../externals/pidip/
pidip.pd_darwin] Error 2 (ignored)

____

"Information wants to be free."
                                      -Stewart Brand