[PD] segmentation faults überalles

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Tue Jan 17 05:02:35 CET 2006

On Mon, 16 Jan 2006, David NG McCallum wrote:

> Any idea why it might be making these assumptions about the number of
> channels?

Instead of gdb, try valgrind. It's a different kind of debugger. It's not
interactive like gdb, but you can make it report many things that gdb
can't.

For example, I think that valgrind would report that the number of
channels was lifted from some uninitialized variable and would bitch about
it. I would guess that a use of ioctl() failed and Pd didn't realise it.

Did you say which sound card interface you use with Pd? Because your
backtrace doesn't mention any of them (s_audio_oss, s_audio_alsa,
s_audio_jack, etc)