[PD] How to make a sample sound like a muffled whisper.

Ed Kelly morph_2016 at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jan 17 11:54:51 CET 2006

Hi Ben,

You can use the lpc~ lpreson~ objects from ekext. Look
at the lpc-cross-synthesis.pd patch. It's a little
tricky to use, since you have to feed the audio output
of lpc~ into the lpreson~ object thus:
[ lpc~    ]
|         |
[ *~ 0]   |
|         |
[ lpreson~]

I'm still not sure why this is, but you can then feed
any signal into the lpreson~ and you'll have the
formants of the voice imposed on whatever signal you
choose. In order to muffle the voice, but still retain
the excitation pattern, it might be worth trying a
lowpass filter on the audio output of lpc~, fed into
the lpreson~.

Best,
Ed

--- "B. Bogart" <ben at ekran.org> wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> How can I process a sample of a normal human voice
> to sound like a quiet
> whisper that is muffled. The words should no longer
> be intellegible, but
> it should be recognized and a voice and sound as
> analog as possible.
>
> Muffled as in the change of voice when heard through
> layers of clothing.
>
> If you have any patches please send them along!
>
> Thanks.
>
> .b.

->
->