[PD] GEM undefined symbol: glUniform4iARB

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Jan 17 14:40:40 CET 2006

Gerda Strobl wrote:

> Hi,
>
> ./configure --without-ffmpeg --disable-ARB
> --disable-Manips                     tried
> /home/gerda/Gem/src/Gem.pd_linux and succeeded
> /home/gerda/Gem/src/Gem.pd_linux: /home/gerda/Gem/src/Gem.pd_linux:
> undefined symbol: glUseProgramObjectARB

well, that's in the openGL/-src, so that's why i proposed
"--disable-openGL" instead of "--disable-Manips"

> produced different undefined symbol.
>
> only:
> ./configure --without-ffmpeg --disable-ARB
> still results in:
> /usr/local/lib/pd/extra/Gem.pd_linux:
> /usr/local/lib/pd/extra/Gem.pd_linux: undefined symbol: glUniform4iARB

which just means, that there are several undefined symbols, but pd stops
at the first one it finds (so when you get rid of the glUniform4iARB in
Manips/ it then finds the glUseProgramObjectARB in openGL/)

 >> you have to re-run make
 >

 > just make clean -> and then make again and still using same configure
 > options as before?

yes, in theory this should be ok.
but feel free to rerun configure like "./configure --disable-ARB
--disable-openGL --without-ffmpeg"
i really recommend to _not_ disable Manips (but otoh, that depends on
what you want: if you need Gem only for reading quicktime and then you
convert it to pdp (since pdp's quicktime is so broken), then you might
well do without Manips; in this case you can also disable Particles,
MarkEx, Geos, Nongeos)

>> or try the attached patch against Base/GemGL.h
>> (and tell me if it worked)
>>
> please slowlier.
> try patch against-does that mean-add it insided my existing GemGl.h-?

what i sent to you is a patch file that contains the differences between
  the original GemGL.h (hopefully yours) and a modified version of
GemGL.h (which hopefully fixes some of your problems)

"try the attached patch", means that you should "apply" it, using the
"patch" program ("man patch")

assuming that you downloaded the file to ~/GemGL.h-ARB.patch and Gem's
sources are in src/Gem, this would mean something like:

  ~$ cd src/Gem/src/Base
  ~/src/Gem/src/Base$ patch -p0 < ~/GemGL.h-ARB.patch
  ~/src/Gem/src/Base$ cd ..
  ~/src/Gem/src$ make

the 2nd line holds the magic

mfg.asd.r