[PD] IntelMacs & PD/GEM

Max Neupert abonnements at revolwear.com
Tue Jan 17 18:34:44 CET 2006

Am 17.01.2006 um 17:36 schrieb B. Bogart:

> hi Thomas,
>
> I run PD/Gem on both linux and MAC machines. (no mactel)
>
> Gem seems a lot more efficient for video on OSX, this is probably
> due to
> the very nice (proprietary) video decoders and quicktime making it all
> integrated. (and the developers being very adept at optimizing for the
> MAC platform).

maybe the text on the gem website should be altered then:
Quote:

GEM was originally written by Mark Danks to do realtime openGL-based
graphics on SGI and Win32 platforms.

Günter Geiger made a port to LINUX.

GEM is now maintained at the IEM by IOhannes m zmölnig. Future
developments will be aimed at Linux and Win32 platforms.

GEM is open source software, it is free for any use and can be
downloaded from the internet. GEM runs on Win32, IRIX and LINUX
platforms. There is also an experimental port to MAC-OSX.

„THERE IS ALSO AN EXPERIMENTAL PORT TO MAC-OSX“

does not quite sound like what you described. actually it scared me
from using Gem quite a bit, until franz of the sat told me that it's
not true.

max