[PD] IntelMacs & PD/GEM

lists.puredata.info at cefn.com lists.puredata.info at cefn.com
Tue Jan 17 19:15:30 CET 2006

Best to take this off list, but I thought the 945 chip series was
incompatible with TPM support, although some of the other hardware
elements would be compatible.

http://arstechnica.com/reviews/hardware/imac-coreduo.ars says

from looking at pictures of the chips, we were able to do some
deduction from the chip numbers. The northbridge chip looks to be an
82945GM, which identifies it as the Mobile Intel 945GM Express
chipset. According to the S-Spec number (SL8Z2), it's a standard
Intel chipset and therefore not an Apple-specific variant. The
southbridge appears to be an ICH7-M, which has support for a Trusted
Computing module.

and http://www.tgdaily.com/2006/01/12/how_different_are_the_new_intel-
based_macs/ says

If it is the 945 that's running the Macs, this means that TPM won't
play a role in 32-bit iMac and MacBook Pro architecture, at least for
the next six months or so.

Could you post me a link to the source which contradicts this. It
would be handy to track.

I don't trust Trusted Computing either although I may just be hungry
enough for an Intel Mac to compromise.

Cefn
http://cefn.com/curiosity/