[PD] Re: [PD-dev] A cut-down version of fiddle~

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Jan 18 14:43:41 CET 2006

DCooper wrote:
> Hi IOhannes,
> Thanks for the very swift reply.
> Yes, it is a matter of speed - and stripping out all unnecessary
> processing from fiddle~'s code is the kind of solution I was thinking of.
> I'm working with a VERY good sax player on a project for his doctorate
> at Leeds University. We want to be able to separate the notes (i.e the
> fundamental) he plays (at very high speed) into the right or left output
> channel according to the pitch, or rather band of pitches.
> Cheers
> DC

in zexy there is a very naive(!) (and superfast) pitch detector [dfreq~]
which just counts the zero-crossings.
however, i don't think that it might work with a good saxophone player
though (i assume that sounds will be very noisy)
(actually i have used it only once where we had to detect the pitch of a
theremin (== very few overtones))

mfg.asdr.
IOhannes