[PD] Re: [PD-announce] sIgpAck0.03

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Wed Jan 18 19:42:11 CET 2006

On Jan 18, 2006, at 7:30 AM, Tim Blechmann wrote:

> i don't want to start a flamewar, so this will be my last posting on
> this topic ...
>
>> Feel free to add whatever you want, as long as existing
>> functionality. I just did what I said I would, I don't see the need
>> for multiple build systems.
>
> its not about multiple build systems, but about multiple ways of using
> the code:
> - prefix vs. no prefix
> - library vs. single externals
>
> by changing the sources, you already decided to kick the prefix and
> build it as single externals (maybe you removed the prefix to make it
> possible to use them as single externals)
>
>> You can download the source and binary
>> of the sp. prefix library from the sIgpAck site still if that suits
>> you better.
>
> i don't think, the reason of the cvs is to have a build system, but to
> have all sources in one place ...
> thus i don't want to go to the website to download and build the
> library, if i have all the sources on my machine ...
>
> anyway, you'll do what you want in any case, just note, that there are
> other people, who are using the cvs, too

I am not preventing anyone from doing things how they want.  But don't
ask me to do the work for other people's setups.  I don't use
single-file libraries, so I don't see why I would be expected to
maintain single-file libraries.

Like I said before, feel free to add whatever you need, just don't
break what's there.

____

"Looking at things from a more basic level, you can come up with a more
direct solution... It may sound small in theory, but it in practice, it
can change entire economies."
                                                     - Amy Smith