[PD] mtx_* & Extended RC7 WAS Re: [GEM-dev] OSX binary with multi-blob tracking online somewhere?

james tittle tigital at mac.com
Thu Jan 19 00:43:21 CET 2006

On Jan 18, 2006, at 4:50 PM, B. Bogart wrote:
> After a lot of Jamie's help I finally got a gem CVS version to work
> on my
> OSX machine. I ended up having to use RC7 to load the Gem binary
> for some
> reason, and I could not get my local copy to work (PD said it was
> loaded,
> but I could not create any Gem objects).

...good to hear!

> Anyhow I have pix_multiblob working, and I was trying to use the help
> patch but it seems that the pd extended RC7 does not include mtx_*
> which
> is needed by the blobtracker help. :(
>
>  mtx_*
> ... couldn't create
>  mtx_*
> ... couldn't create
>  mtx_*
> ... couldn't create
>
> Could this be added to the extended installer? Since I am unable to
> get a
> recent verson of Gem to load into PD using anything but RC7 (RC4
> did not
> work). blech!

...actually, these are included in RC7, but they would have to be
accessed as [iemmatrix/mtx_*]...I don't think this issue is really
covered in the docs, certainly not in the RC* series, so this is a
major documentation oversight, IMHO...

...the ReadMe.html also only lists a few of the included libs and
versions, with no mention of how to access anything from, say zexy...

james