[PD] Pd-0.38.4-extended-RC7

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Thu Jan 19 06:35:41 CET 2006

The GNU/Linux distro is currently the step-child unfortunately, it
doesn't get as much love as the other two.  I was sponsored to build a
Windows and Mac OS X distro, so I thought I'd throw in the GNU/Linux on
the side since it wasn't too hard.

But I'd like to see it taken much further, I hope to see it become the
basis of the Debian,  pure dyne, and other GNU/Linux distros.  But I
won't have the time to work on it much for a while, but I'll happily
assist in getting anyone up to speed who wants to take it on.

.hc

On Jan 18, 2006, at 11:20 PM, John Harrison wrote:

> Ubuntu Breezy:
>
> I couldn't get GEM to work. I also couldn't find any sound output
> drivers besides OSS.
>
> it looks to me like the GEM library is missing and it wasn't compiled
> with JACK or ALSA support...but maybe I'm missing something...
>
> -John
>
> Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

>> Unless there is something very wrong with this release, this will be
>> the final release.  Then it'll be posted up on SourceForge as
>> Pd-0.38.4-extended.
>>
>> http://at.or.at/hans/pd/installers.html
>>
>> Its actually looking pretty good, maybe not even beta anymore ;)
>>
>> .hc

____

scarcity."
                                                      -John Gilmore