[PD] Pd-0.38.4-extended-RC7

Piotr Majdak piotr at majdak.com
Thu Jan 19 11:34:21 CET 2006

Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> On Jan 18, 2006, at 8:01 AM, Piotr Majdak wrote:
>
>> Hi Hans-Christoph,
>>
>> Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>>
>>> Unless there is something very wrong with this release, this will
>>> be   the final release.  Then it'll be posted up on SourceForge as
>>> Pd-0.38.4-extended.
>>

>> I tried it, works fine besides some issues:
>>
>> - The start up libs can't be removed (add a lib once and never remove).
>

>  From the preferences?  Try deleting the preferecnes file.  Which
> platform?

Windows 2000. I think the settings are saved in the registry and there's
no preferences file, isn't it? I know this bug from Miller's 0.39 and it
was fixed for 0.39.1 or .2 (not sure about it...)

>> - I can't load the sndfile object (the threaded soundfile by g.
>> Holzmann):
>>   load_object: Symbol "libsndfile_setup" not found
>>   lib/libsndfile: can't load library
>>   No idea why...

Georg cleared up the problem - it works for >= 0.39 only

>> - I can't find the iemlib. What should I load instead?
>

> The iemlib objects are compiled as individual objects and are directly
> in "extra", so no need to load a lib.

I see. This requires parsing all patches I use for all objects I use
from the iemlib and change my start up files :-(
I think you have good reasons to leave the common concept of libraries
mind to include the iemlib as a library in your distributions,
additional to the individual objects of iemlib in /extra? (did you
really compile them _all_ separately? WOW!). This would give us a kind
of backward compatibility and let you include the concept of single
objects. The price for this solution would be an about 200kB bigger
distro, which I think is affordable. And more work for you, of course :-)

br, Piotr

--
Piotr Majdak
Institut für Schallforschung