[PD] Re: [PD-announce] sIgpAck-0.03b

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Thu Jan 19 17:00:54 CET 2006

On Jan 19, 2006, at 10:37 AM, Frank Barknecht wrote:

> Hallo,
> m.weiss hat gesagt: // m.weiss wrote:
>
>> heres the new release of sIgpAck library
>> a::changed namespace-prefix from "sp." to "sp_" so every extern
>> compiles
>>    as single object as well
>> b::In sp_chop~ frank barknecht added a class_addcreator to make it
>>    available as "sp.chop~" as well just to illustrate this feature
>> download from http://www.weiss-archiv.de/ext/sIgpAck-0.03b.ZIP
>> hope this clears up things
>> i guess it would be nice to have the same release
>> for every machine
>> so please take this one for porting and for cvsing
>
> With Martin's permission, I now added sIgpAck to the CVS in directory:
> /externals/sIgpAck
>
> Currently it's an exact copy of above zip-file minus the Windows
> binary dll.
>
> TODO: Adding sIgpAck to externals/Makefile, which should be trivial.

Its already is in CVS, as "sigpack", following the convention of the
CVS having all lib/project folder names all lower case.  Having both
sIgpAck and sigpack will cause problems on case-aware filesystems used
on Windows and Mac OS X since they are two folders with the exact same
name in that situation.

Plus, I see no need to have two copies of one project.  It should be
quite easy to make the sources that are in CVS already compile as a lib
with the sp_ prefixes.  You can do something like this to each source
file, in this case externals/sigpack/source/chop~.c:

#ifdef SIGPACKLIB
     chop_tilde_class = class_new(gensym("sp_chop~"),
(t_newmethod)chop_tilde_new, 0,
     	sizeof(t_chop_tilde), 0, A_DEFFLOAT, 0);
	class_sethelpsymbol(chop_tilde_class, gensym("chop~"));
#else
     chop_tilde_class = class_new(gensym("chop~"),
(t_newmethod)chop_tilde_new, 0,
     	sizeof(t_chop_tilde), 0, A_DEFFLOAT, 0);
#endif

then in sIgpAck.c, call each setup function:

chop_tilde_setup();

and in the Makefile, add -DSIGPACKLIB to the CFLAGS when you are
compiling the lib.  Instead of using class_sethelpsymbol(), you could
use a simple sed rule in the Makefile to rename all of the help files
with the sp_ prefix.

____

it to himself; but the moment it is divulged, it forces itself into the
possession of everyone, and the receiver cannot dispossess himself of
it."
                                                        - Thomas
Jefferson