[PD] pdp compile error

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Fri Jan 20 00:39:49 CET 2006

On Fri, 20 Jan 2006, Rolland G. B. wrote:

> /usr/local/lib/pd/extra/pdp.pd_linux: libquicktime.so.1: cannot open
> shared object file: No such file or directory pdp: can't load library
> /usr/local/lib/pd/extra/pidip/pidip.pd_linux: libmp3lame.so.0: cannot
> found libquicktime in /usr/lib , so i made s link libquicktime.so.1 ->
> libquicktime.so.0.0.0
> but cannot find libmp3lame. where is it from ?
> is not in debian.

apparently any kind of mp3-encoding is patent-encumbered so you won't find
the LAME MP3 Encoder in main Debian. Look in the "non-free" and "non-us"
sections and if it's still not there, you may download it from
http://lame.sourceforge.net/

On Thu, 19 Jan 2006, Rolland G. B. wrote:

> pdp_bitmap.c: In function '_pdp_packet_bitmap_convert_mchp_to_rgb8':
> pdp_bitmap.c:478: error: invalid storage class for function '_map'

First thing I notice is that apparently I don't have the same version of
pdp, although it's 0.12.4 here too. Second thing I notice is that I have
fixed that problem a month ago. :-]

You have to move the definition of _map (four lines) just above
_pdp_packet_bitmap_convert_mchp_to_rgb8.