[PD] Can't run pd in OSX

lists.puredata.info at cefn.com lists.puredata.info at cefn.com
Fri Jan 20 02:58:26 CET 2006

The trick to fix this seems to be to run the installer for TclTkAqua
as described at http://puredata.info/docs/developer/darwin

It says...

Download: TclTkAquaStandalone-8.4.9.dmg and TclTkAqua-8.4.9.dmg.
Install TclTk8.4.9 frameworks with the installer package in
TclTkAqua-8.4.9.dmg. Move TclTkAquaStandalone-8.4.9.dmg to packages/
darwin_app, the Makefile looks for it there.

However, this is followed by a slightly ambiguous guidance on that
page where it says

If you are running Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger, this is not technically
necessary since Tcl/Tk 8.4.7 is included. But there are some
advantages to running the newer versions of Tcl/Tk

Initially I took 'not technically necessary'  to mean that it would
work without installing TclTkAqua.

However I think it might mean that no effort has been made to take
advantage of the version which is incorporated, and the installation
of the later version is both recommended and required by the
installation routine.

Some minimal notes on my experience of the same installation process
are at http://cefn.com/curiosity/?page_id=147 I succeeded in the end.

Cefn
Curiosity Collective
http://cefn.com/curiosity/