[PD] PiDiP's legal status

juto aviten periclite at free.fr
Fri Jan 20 14:41:41 CET 2006

Hi Mathieu and friends,
ok I saw this message down to pd-ot... and now I start to understood the
all thing...
Ethically I am quite agree with Yves, it's true that free software are
used by Bush administration and for military & repressive use
sometimes... it's a hudge problem in a way, politically...
The problem here is that Yves does that on software based on effectv &
PDP which PIDIP is based on and he added his own personnal & ethical
part in the licences whithout talk with the others about this, am I
wrong? So he's comment (add) to the licence seems to be in conflict with
the source...
If Yves made his own piece of software 100% by himself (librairies and
stuffs) maybe this added will be valide. But in this case it is not.
Also I think what you didn't accept in his attitude, what I understood,
is the fact that his statment is quite interesting to talk and push
forward in free software world and around the licences questions in the
gnu & others communities, and not just put that on piece of librairies
based on others librairies and when someone asked about it, just don't
care about a clear answer.
The subject is really serious and his answer sounds like ironic and
"doesn't matter what happen with this", again maybe I am wrong... but
the core of the problem seems to be here... and that's pity. Because
it's a message to the free software community what he wrote and he don't
really assume the consequences... From my point of view he should have
been explain why he wrote that, in really clear political words...
unfortunetly he completly discredited his own toughts in this case...
I think you made well in consulting the gnu community, that something
Yves should put on their table by himself, it's a political statment
that should be assumed in the right place...
The question now is what effectv & PDP crews think about that?

love & peace

juto