[PD] Pd-0.38.4-extended-RC7 & cyclone

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sun Jan 22 00:13:36 CET 2006

On Sat, 21 Jan 2006, Tim Blechmann wrote:

> i just saw, that the cyclone folder under windows contains about 114 mb
> of externals ... is this intended?

I am curious: what's the size of the smallest possible external on win32 ?

E.g. arraysize.pd_linux is 1.4k, or 3.2k in debug mode, but I notice that
Framestein came with a 36k arraysize.dll (compiled june 2002). Is that the
normal minimal size of externals on win32 ?

and then how much RAM do they take once loaded? e.g. on Linux the RAM it's
reported (by /proc/$$/maps) to take is 8k (plus one filehandle), that is
the file rounded up to multiple of 4k, plus a table of pointers for
connecting the .so to the rest of the process, which is 4k for small
externals. Is there a way to figure out that value on Windows?