[PD] Pd-0.38.4-extended-RC7 & cyclone

Tim Blechmann TimBlechmann at gmx.net
Sun Jan 22 00:48:10 CET 2006

On Sat, 21 Jan 2006 18:13:36 -0500 (EST)
Mathieu Bouchard <matju at artengine.ca> wrote:

> On Sat, 21 Jan 2006, Tim Blechmann wrote:
>
> > i just saw, that the cyclone folder under windows contains about
> > 114 mb of externals ... is this intended?
>
> I am curious: what's the size of the smallest possible external on
> win32 ?
>
> E.g. arraysize.pd_linux is 1.4k, or 3.2k in debug mode, but I notice
> that Framestein came with a 36k arraysize.dll (compiled june 2002).
> Is that the normal minimal size of externals on win32 ?

well, zexy's abs~ is about 7k ... so it's about the same as on
linux ... in general it should be about the same code as on linux (same
architecture) maybe some extra code to cover multiple architectures ...

> and then how much RAM do they take once loaded? e.g. on Linux the RAM
> it's reported (by /proc/$$/maps) to take is 8k (plus one filehandle),
> that is the file rounded up to multiple of 4k, plus a table of
> pointers for connecting the .so to the rest of the process, which is
> 4k for small externals. Is there a way to figure out that value on
> Windows?

not sure, but i think, it should be similar ... shared objects and
dynamic linked libraries cover the same concept ...

tim

--
mailto:TimBlechmann at gmx.de    ICQ: 96771783
http://www.mokabar.tk

The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live,
the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn,
burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across
the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and
everybody goes "Awww!
  Jack Kerouac