[PD] Re: Pd-0.38.4-extended-RC7 & cyclone

Tim Blechmann TimBlechmann at gmx.net
Sun Jan 22 01:11:45 CET 2006

> > i just saw, that the cyclone folder under windows contains about
> > 114 mb of externals ... is this intended?
>
> For cyclone, I just used Kzrysztof's build system, since its quite
> complex.  On MinGW, its probably not getting strip'ed, that's my
> guess why they are large.  gcc will link in the .dlls, making the
> files huge. strip will remove the unnecessary stuff.

i'm not familiar with kzrysztof's build system for windoze, but all the
externals are about 765kb ...
my linux libs hammer and sickle are about 800kb (compiled with icc), so
my wild guess is, that the dlls contain the code for _all_ objects, but
just export the specific loader function for the single external ...

maybe you have to tell strip, what's unnecessary ;-)

tim

--
mailto:TimBlechmann at gmx.de    ICQ: 96771783
http://www.mokabar.tk

I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion
  Jack Kerouac