32bit chroot (was Re: [PD] PiDiP on Athon64?)

Thomas Sivertsen thomas at bek.no
Mon Jan 23 14:52:41 CET 2006

John Harrison wrote:

> and I just wanted to make sure I'll get reasonable
> performance on the AMD, or if PiDiP is tailored to Intel-specific
> architecture. This is all because I saw that statement about IA-32 on
> effectv and it made me nervous.

An Athlon64 should work since PiDiP is not effectv. Some effects are
ported from Effectv. Requirements for effectv have little to do with
PiDiP. Besides, most MMX and SSE stuff is supported on Athlons and have
for several years. Just because a few of the effects have been ported
does not mean PiDiP is a port of  effectv to PD. PiDiP contains a lot
more than just some nifty effects.

Who started saying this thing about PiDiP being a port of effectv
anyway? it needs to stop, right now.

    .thomas