[PD] Pd-0.38.4-extended-RC7 & cyclone

Martin Peach martinrp at vax2.concordia.ca
Mon Jan 23 22:48:30 CET 2006

Mathieu Bouchard wrote:

>On Mon, 23 Jan 2006, Martin Peach wrote:
>

>>Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
>>

>>>and then how much RAM do they take once loaded? e.g. on Linux the RAM it's
>>>reported (by /proc/$$/maps) to take is 8k (plus one filehandle), that is
>>>

>>One thing I noticed while doing this is that pd (or is it the OS?)
>>doesn't free memory when objects are deleted from a patch.
>>

>I was more interested in space taken by a class than by an object...

Oooh my brain hurts! What namespace are we in? I assume a class is the
code that is loaded to implement an external (the .dll or .pd_linux) and
the object is just the struct particular to one instance of the class
(or is it the other way round?). If this is the case they should both
show up as extra memory allocated to the pd process, the struct being a
relatively trivial amount of that memory. (of course I'm probably wrong
here again ;()

Martin