[PD] compiling Pd for microcontrollers

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Wed Jan 25 18:44:42 CET 2006

So I am working with the Arduino and the Wiring programming
environment, and it got me thinking: what about a patcher language for
microcontrollers?  It could be done like Pocket Gamelan, the Pd->J2ME
compiler.  http://www.uow.edu.au/~mh675/personal/pd2j2me.htm

There would be a subset of Pd which would be allowed for
microcontrollers.  This would then be compiled to a microcontroller
firmware and uploaded to the chip.

Maybe its time to think of a more general approach to compiling Pd
patches.  It would be quite nice to be able to program mobile phones
and microcontrollers in Pd.

____

scarcity."
                                                      -John Gilmore