[PD] compiling external examples in VS.net

G Quested garryq at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Thu Jan 26 11:35:38 CET 2006

On Wed, 25 Jan 2006, Martin Peach wrote:

<snip>

> I've never needed to use any /export flag. I'm using Visual C++ 2005 Express
> Edition Beta (because it was free as in beer), which looks like a limited
> version of VS8.
> If the project is set up to make a dll, I think the only other thing to check
> is that you have MSW defined somewhere before you include m_pd.h, because VS
> defines _MSC_VER_ and _WIN32, but not MSW or NT.
>
> Martin

Sorted it now. Thanks everyone!
dumpbin.exe told me obj1_setup wasn't being exported
I added MSW to the preprocessor definitions and bob's yer uncle.
no /export, .def files or __declspec needed so the obj1.c example file
didn't need any modifications.

BTW It worked out of the box with gcc but i needed to get it working
with VS.net so I can get our students using it (they only have access to
VS.net).

Cheers,
Garry.

--