[PD] PDP updates

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Thu Jan 26 18:16:58 CET 2006

On Jan 25, 2006, at 7:01 PM, Tom Schouten wrote:

>> I have a request from the documentation point of view.  It would be
>> very handy if the docs and the example patches used a cross-platform
>> method for getting video in.  Also, rather than using live video in
>> the
>> docs and examples, it would be easier for most people if you could use
>> a video file.  Then people without a video camera could play with the
>> docs and help files.
>
> good point.
> there are the [pdp_help_input] and [pdp_help_output] paches that could
> be changed on install. i never got to automagically fill them in the
> install/compile process though..

I think that having this stuff generated at build time would make
distributing PDP more difficult.  How about instead having
[pdp_help_input] have both a video file input and a video camera input,
so the user can decide which source to use whenever she is using the
patch.

>> And lastly, a cross-platform method of outputting.  [pdp_xv] is used
>> in
>> the docs and examples.  It compiles and loads on Mac OS X, but no one
>> AFAIK has gotten it working yet.
>
> another thing on the list. i'm thinking of [pdp_vdac] and [pdp_vadc]

Whatever works :).

Also, while you are at it, here's a patch for changes needed to make
PDP in the CVS developers' layout
(http://puredata.org/docs/developer/devlayout ).  It would be good to
have this in your PDP sources: