[PD] compiling Pd for microcontrollers

doelie at zzz.kotnet.org doelie at zzz.kotnet.org
Thu Jan 26 20:34:26 CET 2006

shameless plug:
http://zwizwa.goto10.org/index.php?page=BadNop

it's really hairy at the moment, but it works.

( i made a synth on a 12F629 which takes power, clock
and control data over 1 wire, and has a very simple
sequencer and 1 bit / 8kHz synth with bass, bd,
hh, snare and woinkwoink sounds. )

but best results with the 16F controllers.

this could be used as a basis for a pd->forth compiler,
which was why i started it in the first place,
since it's incremental compilation on the microcontroller.

the idea is to get this to work with pf/pd in some way or
another, though i got stuck at the 'standard problem'.
means all the machinery is there, but to make something like
that work, you need the equivalent of libc : a standard
interface, not a shapeshifting language like i have now..