[PD] compiling pd-0.39-2 on ubuntu

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Sat Jan 28 19:23:56 CET 2006

hi martin and mik

i was not really aware, that netpd does not work at all on 0.38. i never
seriously used 0.38 myself, because i had a lot of problems with complex
guis (especially when created dynamically, the same issue in chat.pd now).
so i jumped from 0.37 to 0.39.
suddenly it seems, that 0.38 is the 'most available' version.
it's not *only* lazyness from my side :-) , that i recommend what you have
done: compile 0.39 yourself. there are already some patches made for netpd,
which only work with 0.39, since they use [spigot 1] or [list]. that means,
even if i could solve the problems of netpd with 0.38/0.37, some patches
wouldn't work.

i'm sorry, that there is no better solution at the moment. i hope 0.39 will
get the standard version soon ([list] should be reason enough :-)

roman