[PD] pd and jack osx - no sound

alexandre matheson amatheso at alcor.concordia.ca
Sat Jan 28 20:00:29 CET 2006

Greetings,

I am trying to route and record a pd patch into ardour but it does
not work. I have routed other apps into ardour such as au lab with
success so I am not sure where the problem is coming from. I set it
up like this:

opened jack and started the router
opened up ardour then pd
selected jack router under pd's audio pref's
configured the jack router so pd's out 1 and 2 would be routed into
an audio track

There is no sound or indication of sound in the vu's in ardour while
the vu in pd proves otherwise. This is what I'm running:
mac os 10.4.4
pd 0.38-2
latest jack os X
ardour 0.99

any ideas?

regards,
Alexandre Matheson
amatheso at alcor.concordia.ca
iChat: ealx at mac.com
The history of every major galactic civilization tends to pass
through three distinct and recognizable phases, those of Survival,
Inquiry and Sophistication, otherwise known as the How, Why and Where
Phases.
For instance, the first phase can be characterized by the question
'How can we eat?', the second by the question 'Why do we eat?' and
the third by the question 'Where shall we have lunch?'
-Douglas Adams