[PD] joysticks with hid

Christian Klippel ck at mamalala.de
Sun Jan 29 14:29:35 CET 2006

hi all,

Am Sonntag 29 Januar 2006 07:20 schrieb Hans-Christoph Steiner:

[...snip...]

> Call it a gamepad, call it a joystick, or call it a "MISC".  In any
> case, they should have used one button type consistently... I forgot to
> mention, these button types that I mentioned are actually the Linux
> interpretation of the USB HID spec, mostly its much better.  I wonder
> what the actual "proper" USB HID values are for all the buttons...

skimming through the hid usage tables
( http://www.usb.org/developers/devclass_docs/Hut1_12.pdf ) i see that there
are no MISC types anyway, only a reserverd range at the end of most usage
tables.

this is generally the problem with hid names/usages: they thought of a lot of
things, but it can never be complete since there are too many different
(new?) devices.

if you look at the usage tables, what would you assign to these "hidden
buttons" in david's device? i can see nothing that could fit....

greets,

chris