[PD] indexed tabwrite~?

Kjetil S. Matheussen kjetil at ccrma.stanford.edu
Sun Jan 29 22:13:21 CET 2006

Orm Finnendahl:

> Am 28. Januar 2006, 10:49 Uhr (+0100) schrieb Thomas Grill:
>>
>> using a table and tabsend~ doesn't work for you?
>>

> no. The purpose is to read the values of an audio block and then
> adding them at indexes to another array at audio time. The idea is to
> be able to shuffle the frequency bins of a fft.

I don't know exactly what you want to do, but you most certainly can
use the snd external to do it:

(let ((v (make-vct size)))
   (<rt-play> (lambda ()
       (vct-set! v (some-function-to-find-index-write-position) (in 0))
       (out (vct-ref v (some-function-to-find-index-read-position)))))

Please let me know if have to to access pd tables directly. Its not much
work to add, but I need a good reason first.