[PD] Re: [PD-announce] A new version of FFTease is now available for Pd

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Tue Jan 31 23:47:50 CET 2006

On Tue, 31 Jan 2006, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> What are the rules about distributing this?
> Pd from Miller is released with a BSD license, so that's easy.  But
> Pd-extended is released under the GNU GPL because most of the code in CVS is
> GPL'd, so that makes things more complicated.  But it would be quite nice to
> be able to distribute FFTease built-in to Pd-extended.

It depends which flavour of BSD license it is. Old BSD can't be mixed with
GPL. SIBSD can be mixed and is the result of an agreement between Berkeley
University and Stallman/FSF. Additional clauses on top of SIBSD are not ok
unless they are clauses that are found in the GPL (or are equivalent of
parts of clauses found in the GPL).

BTW, where's the source code of that release of FFT? I don't see the
source available on the author's page. (I am blind, right?)