[PD] QuickTime movies (was: pix_movie problem)

CK chris at lo-res.org
Thu Feb 2 18:18:09 CET 2006

I read:
> cannot see the screen. if i add an explicit "create"
> message and connect to pdp_xv, i get "pdp_xv: cant
> open display :0" .

I seem to recall that there are some xv problems (basically:
doesn't work) on os x

> also, pdp_yqt cannot open any of
> the movies, i always get "pdp_yqt: unsupported video
> codec" (tried with Photo-JPEG, Motion JPEG, Video,
> Sorenson)

well I tried pdp_qt~ also here and it also plays _my_ testfile
for which qtinfo reports:

x at combat:~$ qtinfo download/jitter/jitterdocwin/media/bball.mov

File download/jitter/jitterdocwin/media/bball.mov:

1 audio tracks.
1 channels, 16 bits, sample rate 22050, length 99262 samples, compressor twos.
    supported.
1 video tracks.
    320x240, depth 24, rate 15.000000, length 68 frames, compressor jpeg.
    supported.

basically I'd stick to gem on os x (much better supported AFAICS) if you
really want to go pdp/pidip consider linux - maybe mr. clepper or tigital
can enlighten you about qt codec issues on your platform ...

HTH

chris at lo-res.org	Postmodernism is german romanticism with better
http://pilot.fm/	special effects. (Jeff Keuss / via ctheory.net)