[PD] shell object for Windows

cdr ix at replic.net
Fri Feb 3 01:47:03 CET 2006

On Thu Feb 02, 2006 at 04:07:23PM -0600, chris clepper wrote:
> Forgive my ignorance, but how do i get popen  to execute in Cygwin?

to use the real [shell] object, your entire pd would need to be running inside cygwin, compiled with DUNIX and [shell] linked to that, etc. probably not worth the hassle. the main thing [shell] offers over [popen] is it doenst block the execution of PD while stuff is running..

>   The
> help mentions 'add bash -c' but I can't get that to do anything.  The usual
> DOS commands execute, but those are of limited use.

go to start -> control panel -> system -> advanced -> environment -> PATH and add a path to bash.exe on the end. then it should work...ive only used minGW's bash but cygwin's might work too ..