[PD] shell object for Windows

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Fri Feb 3 06:03:30 CET 2006

On Feb 2, 2006, at 11:10 PM, chris clepper wrote:

> On 2/2/06, Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at eds.org> wrote:
>>
>> I don't think it compiles with MinGW.  Check the Pd-extended
>> installer,
>> if its not there, then it doesn't compile with MinGW.
>>

> [shell] throws an error about shell_setup()
>
> I could have sworn I used this object with cygwin on windows, but
> maybe not.

IIRC, the [shell] code is capped by an "#ifndef _WIN32" currently, so
there is a shell.dll, but its empty, hence the error.

AFAIK, no one has gotten [shell] working on Windows in any way. Plus
now that I think about it, MinGW won't work either.  I am pretty sure
that [shell] needs a POSIX environment, MinGW is not POSIX, Cygwin is
tho.

____

"Looking at things from a more basic level, you can come up with a more
direct solution... It may sound small in theory, but it in practice, it
can change entire economies."
                                                     - Amy Smith