[PD] Help with latency: PD on XP with Guitar Rig and Hammerfall HDSP

Martin Dupras martindupras at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 12:55:09 CET 2006

I'm trying to use Native Instruments' Guitar Rig software to play alongside
PD on my windows XP laptop (P4 1.7GHz, 768MB ram, cardbus pcmcia card and
MultiFace external interface.)

With PD only I seem to be able to get a stable 23ms latency.

With Guitar Rig only I get 3ms.

With both I simply can't get any lower than 46ms, and that's not even stable
(I often get zipper noise.)

And for the record, the setup is

guitar -> input 3 (which is the input GR is using)
output 3-> input 1 (which is PD)

To make a long story short, I need as compact as possible a system for a
performance I'm doing abroad, hence the need for Guitar Rig.

Any advice at all would be appreciated. Thanks.

- martin